Subject: re: Mac OS TCP Problem
From: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/30/1998 22:42:16
>    Hi all,
>My question is about networking. My school has established Internet
>acces with ppp to acedemic persons.
>The Problem: PC's can establish connection but Mac's can't.
>PPP servers' IP: 193.140.168.5, 193.140.168.6
>Gateway adress: 193.140.168.51=193.140.168.242
>Sunet Mask:        255.255.252.0
>DHCP gives an adress between 193.140.170.xxx to me.
>DNS: 193.140.168.2, 193.140.168.4

>From apples tech info library (searching for 1.3 under 'comm & networks')
(Only headers of articles--body ommitted for brevity--you can retrieve by
searching for artice # at http://til.info.apple.com)

-----------------------------
TITLE

Open Transport 1.3: Read Me - Part 2
Article ID: 30412

TOPIC

This Read Me document contains late-breaking information about Open
Transport compatibility, add-on software, and solutions to known problems
with third-party software. For instructions about how to use the Open
Transport control panels (AppleTalk and TCP/IP), see the Open Transport
User's Guide. For additional technical information about Open Transport,
see the "Open Transport Technical Info" file that came with Open Transport.

Contents:
Tips for SLIP and PPP Configurations
Known Limitations and Other Issues

----------------And -----------------------

TITLE

Open Transport 1.3: Technical Information
Article ID:  24383

TOPIC

This document contains technical information about Open Transport that may
be useful to network managers and administrators. You do not need to read
this document in order to use Open Transport.

DISCUSSION

Contents

Introduction
Files added by the Open Transport installer Open Transport AppleTalk
features
- Static and dynamic AppleTalk address allocation - Use of parameter RAM
Open Transport TCP/IP features
- DHCP server support
- DHCP address lease support
- Windows NT advanced server support
- BootP support
- Local Hosts file support
- Single Link Multi-homing System Setup
- MacTCP ?server? addressing support
- MacTCP ?dynamic? addressing support
- MacIP support
- PPP connectivity
Memory requirements
Application compatibility guidelines
Performance
also          --------------------------

      Open Transport TCP/IP Configuration
Article ID:  18238

TOPIC

This article provides information for configuring Open Transport TCP/IP.
(manually, or via a BOOTP, DHCP, RARP, or MacIP server)

Hope there's something helpful there....

Oh yeah... one other place to look
http://til.info.apple.com/techinfo.nsf

Steve Revilak
revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu