Subject: Question: 3Com Ethlink/NB
To: <>
From: None <erich@wrq.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/29/1998 09:14:38
     Howdy,

     I noticed on the supported Ethernet hardware page that the 3Com
     Etherlink/NB has been tested on the IIci.  I decided to try it on my
     IIcx but am having trouble with it.  My real concern is that the card
     may be dead (I got the everything "as is" for $15).  None of the
     indicator leds come on when I plug the thing into my hub.  In Wintel
     land I have had to use MS-DOG utilities to switch between one cable
     type and another on NICs that had two or three ports.  The thought
     being that perhaps the card is set to use the BNC port rather than the
      AUI.  Does anyone know if there is a Mac equivalent of such a thing?

     Thanks!
     Eric Holcomb

     PS  Thanks for all the help with my sick IIcx!  The problem was due to
      using an old kernel with new userland.

     e.