Subject: Swap Questions (was Re: Error lines booting Q700)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew J Robbie <a.robbie@student.unimelb.edu.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/29/1998 00:53:05
>> Another question: How I can setup a swap partition on two different disks?
>>       ie. sd0b swap 20MB and sd1b swap 20MB  Total = 40MB
>
>If you've already made the partition sd1b, all you have to do is add
>the following line to /etc/fstab:
>
>/dev/sd1b       none    swap    sw      0 0

I also have some swap/VM questions :-)

Is it possible to use files as secondary swap partitions in NetBSD? Reading
the swapctl man pages isn't very informative. It would be really good for
flexability reasons, esp if the swap file could grow as needed. Perhaps this
is available with UVM?
[The box crashed yesterday after I ran grep on a large directory (~50MB),
preceded by 5 minutes of thrashing. Not pleasant.]

Also, is it possible to have something like the tempfs under Solaris? Is
this what an mfs file system does?

Thanks,
Andrew