Subject: Re: how to fix this?
To: Naoki Kobayashi <tsu23715@mail.interq.or.jp>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/27/1998 23:10:26
Naoki Kobayashi wrote:
>   I use Performa588 and the cpu was already exchanged from
> 68LC040 to 68040.........
>
>   My kernel is netbsd.HWDIRECT-71
>
>  When boot ,end like this............
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> root file system type : ext2fs
> uvm_swap : allocated 256 swap buffer headers
> /: bad dir ino 2 at offset 0 : mangled entry
> panic : bad dir
> Stopeed at                _Debugger + 0x6 : unlk        a6
> db>

>  Does anyone have good advise?

It looks to me like you have a slightly messed up file system, but then
again, it says you're using an ext2fs type filesystem....did you use Mkfs
to create this partition?

To fix this, I'd suggest reformatting and reinstalling, unless someone
else has a better suggestion....

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation