Subject: Booter problems under System 7.6.1
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew J Robbie <a.robbie@student.unimelb.edu.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/27/1998 20:03:22
Hi all,
I'm in the process of upgrading my IIvx from MacOS 7.1.2 to 7.6.1,
and under the new OS I can't seem to boot into NetBSD anymore.

Using booter version 1.11.1, the boot log is:

Logging to bootlog
Booting...transparent = 1
MID_M68K executable: entry 0x2e00.
1060592+65988+104928+166716+156764

Set _boothowto to 0x0.
Attempting to kill all running programs
Changing Monitor settings...
<<

at which point it crashes badly (after it has sucessfully changed
to B&W mode). Neither force quit nor the hardware interrupt button
works. It also happens with extensions off.

Has anyone got any tips about how to fix this? At the moment I'm
using a tiny mac partition which just has a 7.1 system folder and
the booter app, but that is rather hacky.

Details:
Mac IIvx 20Mb, Apple 2-page greyscale display.
NetBSD 1.3.2, generic kernel.

Thanks,
Andrew