Subject: Re: X gets screwed up..help please
To: thebush <thebush@primenet.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/25/1998 22:08:15
thebush wrote:

> How come whenevr I'm in X and someone telnets in my screen gets all messed
> up and on the bottom it gives me some info.  Does it with ident, ftp,
> finger and alot more things.
>
> I was told that using xconsole would fix this but it doesnt.
>
> IS there anyway I could still get the messages but instead of receiving
> them in xterms and on the desktop, I could just get them in the xterms so
> the everything wouldnt get messed up...thanks

Are you logged in as root?  If so, that might be the problem.  There are
several types of messages sent directly to root as configured in
/etc/syslog.conf.  Anything else ought to be caught by xconsole, assuming
that you're using 1.3 and you've installed it with the proper
permissions....

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation