Subject: message before login
From: Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/25/1998 23:28:54
I realize this is not mac68k specific but I hope you'll forgive me. Is there
any way to specify a message which shows up before the login prompt when
someone is telnetting in? Currently I just get "NetBSD/mac68k" followed by
the hostname and tty. I'd like to add a message to this if possible, but I
don't know how and found no help on the login or telnetd manpages or the
NetBSD mailing list archives. On System V based systems, the contents of
/etc/issue are displayed before the login prompt but that doesn't seem to
work here.

Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>

p.s. For a rather amusing example of the kinda thing I'm talking about,
particularly if you've ever used a win32 machine, try telnetting to
shutdown.org