Subject: Re: quadra 630
To: SamMaEl , Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/25/1998 11:43:17
I'm glad to hear that the 630 comm slot support made it into a release, and
not just -current.

At 12:12 AM -0700 6/25/98, SamMaEl wrote:
>ethernet card. And, if you DO have a PDS card it wasn't too hard to find
>enough info for someone who may know more about things to be able to add
>support for it.

As I understand it a PDS card looks just like a NuBus card so the only
issue is whether the drivers can figure out the memory layout for the
specific card in question.

Asante cards are generally a good bet for NetBSD/mac compatability.  If you
get a card that doesn't work then you can probably get it working if you
ask for help on the list and are willing/able to help with the debugging.

As to the MacLinux/NetBSD/OpenBSD tradeoff:  I admit to being a BSD bigot
so I can't comment on MacLinux.  Net- and Open- seem pretty similar as far
as machine and driver support.  It's a lot easier to port stuff between
them after all.  The NetBSD mailing list appears to be a better place to
get help though.