Subject: Re: no stdarg.h in /usr/include?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@fb.sa.enteract.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/25/1998 08:53:59
Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> "make includes" stopped making links into "machine" a couple of weeks ago.
> Is this an oversight? It wouldn't affect most folks yet. It's only an
> issue if you set DESTDIR, or wipe out your /usr/include. (I did.) I had to
> make these by hand in order for "make build" to work:
>
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  15 Jun 24 10:40 ./float.h -> machine/float.h
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  15 Jun 24 10:40 ./frame.h -> machine/frame.h
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  16 Jun 24 10:40 ./stdarg.h -> machine/stdarg.h
> lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 17 Jun 24 10:41 ./varargs.h -> machine/varargs.h

This is b/c it should now install into /usr/include/mac68k, and
/usr/include/machine should be a link to /usr/include/mac68k.  We should
be installing every port's include files, now.

BTW, if you're going to run -current, you might want to join the
current-users mailing list.  This was mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation