Subject: Re: quadra 630
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/25/1998 00:12:38
> > 2) Ethernet card support--the Q630 has (I think) a LC-style PDS slot. Is there
> > an ethernet card that works in this slot under NetBSD?
>
> Ummm...I'm pretty sure this is still unsupported in 1.3.2, but I don't
> know about -current.  I know that work was being done on this, but I don't
> know how far it managed to get.  Anyone?

	I don't know about PDS support for the Q630, but I have a Q630
with a Comm Slot ethernet card (an Apple CS Twisted Pair card) which works
just fine. Allen Briggs got the CS support and Michael Zucca cleared the
video interrupts which blocked the CS slot. I know the CS support was in
as of 1.3. The video interrupt clearing came between then and 1.3.1, but
I'm sure that a 1.3.1 or newer should work just fine for you with a CS
ethernet card. And, if you DO have a PDS card it wasn't too hard to find
enough info for someone who may know more about things to be able to add
support for it.

	Btw, does anyone know of a place which may have cheap PDS ethernet
cards? I'd like to get cable modem service as soon as it is available in
the Portland OR/Vancouver WA area. Definetely better than a 28.8 modem ;-)

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!