Subject: Re: Newbie's OT and Package troubles
To: Tobias Weihmann <320061388897-0001@t-online.de>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/24/1998 10:35:48
Tobias Weihmann wrote:

> By the way... Do you know how to install the packages system on my IIcx?
> I added a line to ld.conf.whatever about some libraries in /usr/pkg/lib
> but there is no directory named /usr/pkg. Somewhere else the manuals tell
> /var/.../pkg. That's kind a strange. I can find the executables, but they
> don't do anything.

You can get the latest copy of the packages system off of ftp.netbsd.org.
There should be one rather large tarfile containing all of the necessary
package stuff:

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/pkgsrc.tgz

as well as copies of most of the packages already built for the m68k
architecture:

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.3.1/m68k/

Documentation for the packages system is available here:

  http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/netbsd/packages.html

I hope this helps.

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation