Subject: Re: Intvid ??
To: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/22/1998 17:12:27
Michael R. Zucca wrote:

> >I'd love some color X on my Q700 !! Is there anything that can be done to
> >help ??
>
> Well, if you can do "Thousands" of colors you can use color X right now.
> Have a look at ftp.macbsd.com and look for the OSFA color X server. Read
> the readme file several hundred times, and you'll be running color X right
> now.

Unfortunately, the Q700 won't do "Thousands", only "Millions".  I don't
know why in the world Apple decided against 16-bit color on this
particular machine, but it appears that they did....so, no color X unless
Ken manages to get 24-bit color working for his OSFA X server.

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation