Subject: Re: Unable to get network up
To: None <cruller@unicom.net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/19/1998 12:42:48
At 6:32 AM -0700 6/19/98, cruller@unicom.net wrote:
>the network worked, but in netstat -i one of the ae0 line only had the
>first two 8-bit numbers of the address.(192.168)  So I reconfigured

This is probably just a display  problem.  I have something similar on my
machine, but everything works fine.  (Well everything relating to that
network interface anyway.)

>get messed up & how can I change file permissions to read -rwxr--r--?  A

man chmod

e.g. chmod go-wx <file>
     chmod u+rwx <file>
     chmod go+r <file>

or in this case just chmod 744 <file> to do it all at once.