Subject: Re: I need help with compiling my first
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/17/1998 16:59:57
>ummmm....have you looked at the IP-NAT HOWTO on www.macbsd.com?  i know of
>several people who have used it, and they all managed to get IP-NAT up and
>running in less than 30 minutes.  i found armen's instructions pretty
>straight-forward and easy to follow.  if you find that documentation
>insufficient, IP-NAT's author has full documentation available online.
>there should be a pointer off of one of www.netbsd.org's documentation
>pages, and i think that i have a link to it in the Meta-FAQ as well.

I can definitely speak for the IP-NET HOWTO (and ALL of the port-mac68k
info). I used it to config my AlphaStation with IPNAT. The only reason that
it dodn't work right away is that port-Alpha had a faulty IPNET setup that
required a special kernel (withOUT the new UVM) and new IPfilter binaries.
I would have been so lost on the DEC if not for my knowlege of the
existence of mac68k info. The Alpha project has almost nothing to help
other than the mailing list and like a 1-page FAQ.

Just thought I'd chime in and thank Colin, Armen, Mark, & all of the other
Mac68kers who freely volunteer their time & efforts to help. Thanks to you
I know so much more now than when I started here.

Mike Schabert

(Sorry, Jason, I wasn't trying to dis port-alpha, I now depend on it, but
the docs seem sparse-to-non-existent)

Bikers don't *DO* taglines.