Subject: Re: I need help with compiling my first =?us-ascii?Q?kernel=3D=3FISO=2D8859=2D1=3FQ=3F=3D8f=3F=3D?=
To: patriot <patriot@primenet.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/17/1998 09:04:24
patriot wrote:
> I never did get the kernel to build but I was awefully close.  I got hung
> up repeatedly with the make depend ; make and that is all I can say.  I
> did although get the machine to reboot using the
> Netbsd.GENERICSBC-72.tar.gz and I am not even sure where I got that from
> but what I needed to work works now. It is great to be able to just tell
> it to restart and then thing does not just hang but actually reboots -
> yesssssss!!

i'm glad you got something working.

> I would like to know if anyone knows anymore about setting up a gateway
> between a ppp connection and a LAN.  I am using Vicom's Internet Gateway
> on a more powerful PPC Mac but I would like to move this MacBSD box in
> its place to get some use out of that one.  I looked at IPNAT but the
> instructions were very limited and I did get and compile IP-filter (?).
> I just don't know where to go from here.  I looked at most of the faqs
> and didn't find anything more then just one saying how to set it up but
> was very limited.

ummmm....have you looked at the IP-NAT HOWTO on www.macbsd.com?  i know of
several people who have used it, and they all managed to get IP-NAT up and
running in less than 30 minutes.  i found armen's instructions pretty
straight-forward and easy to follow.  if you find that documentation
insufficient, IP-NAT's author has full documentation available online.
there should be a pointer off of one of www.netbsd.org's documentation
pages, and i think that i have a link to it in the Meta-FAQ as well.

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation