Subject: Re: I need help with compiling my first kernel=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=8f?=
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: patriot <patriot@primenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/17/1998 08:47:42
Hey all,

I never did get the kernel to build but I was awefully close.  I got hung
up repeatedly with the make depend ; make and that is all I can say.  I
did although get the machine to reboot using the
Netbsd.GENERICSBC-72.tar.gz and I am not even sure where I got that from
but what I needed to work works now. It is great to be able to just tell
it to restart and then thing does not just hang but actually reboots -
yesssssss!!

I would like to know if anyone knows anymore about setting up a gateway
between a ppp connection and a LAN.  I am using Vicom's Internet Gateway
on a more powerful PPC Mac but I would like to move this MacBSD box in
its place to get some use out of that one.  I looked at IPNAT but the
instructions were very limited and I did get and compile IP-filter (?).
I just don't know where to go from here.  I looked at most of the faqs
and didn't find anything more then just one saying how to set it up but
was very limited.

I appreciate all of your help.

Thank you,

Paul Ascoli

If there was a way that it should be Why isn't it that way?

The box said "Needs Windows95 or better" - So I bought another Macintosh!

Mary had a little lamb.  The doctor was surprised.