Subject: "device not configured"
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Zeller <zelr_ss@troi.cc.rochester.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/17/1998 13:22:05
Hi all,

Pardon the question from a newbie...  I have just installed MacBSD onto a IIci, and i get the following error at bootup:

"Can't open /dev/rsd1g: device not configured"
"/dev/rsd1g: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY. Run fsck_ffs manually"

I tried to run fsck and fsck_ffs manually, but both give me the error message that the device is not configured.
I am running MacBSD release 1.3, using a generic kernel, and /dev/sd1g is my user partitition (sd0a is root, and I have a sway on sd0b).

Does anyone know what I should do to fix this problem?  The FAQ's and mailing list archives were no help :(

Thanks,

Ben