Subject: Re: I still need help with compiling my first kernel
To: patriot <patriot@primenet.com>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/16/1998 09:54:27
On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, patriot wrote:

> Actually I am running 1.3.2 but the kernel went mia so I am running a
> Slotman 1.3E right now.  I got the source for my kernel at current-NetBSD
> because I couldn't find it anywhere else.  I did run a patch on the
> source and I guess that it was suppose to be run against NetBSD 1.3.2 but
> I changed back three of the source files that said (something).orig back
> to their .orig less state.  Maybe there are more of them that I missed.
> I guess I have to go back and untar the whole darn thing (oh yay that
> will be another great 4 hours)  Where do I find the current-NetBSD file
> at so that I can creat a new kernel from the source that I do have? I
> just would like to get this thing working for once.  I know that I am
> close but just not close enough.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-current/src/usr.sbin/config/

You'll also want /pub/NetBSD-current/src/usr.sbin/Makefile.inc

1.3.2 != 1.3E in a big way. The 1.3.2 patch was to make 1.3.1 into 1.3.2.
-current is more advanced than 1.3.2 (and also more experimental).

The problem you've run into is that elements of the config syntax were
changed between 1.3.2 and 1.3E.

Take care,

Bill