Subject: Router/Server????
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Grant Stockly <gussie@alaska.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/15/1998 08:19:50
So far I've done all this on a PC with NetBSD, but not with a mac.  I
havn't done much with netBSD on the Mac.  Here is what I need done.  I'd
realy like to do it on the mac!

-PPP connection that stays open.  when the connection dies, it redials.
-Route the PPP connection over ethernet with IP forwarding on ports.  lets
say 192.168.1.50 is the router and a connection comes in to port 80.  Then
the router 192.168.1.50 could send it to the compute that handles http
192.168.1.100.
-Serve ftp (I know it can do this) but make it so that you can only access
the ftp from inside the network
-http.  www server inside and out of the network
-POP3/SMTP server inside/outside of the network

I might plan to upgrade to a cable modem, so is it possible to have 2
ethernet cards in a computer and route an ethernet connection to ethernet?
Thats all the questions I have for now!

Thanks,
Grant