Subject: Re: identd problems
To: None <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/15/1998 15:38:58
David A. Gatwood wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Armen Babikyan wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Any ideas? I'd really like the source to the standalone version of
> > in.identd too if anyone has it. I'd be perfectly happy with a userid
> > staticly put in the source because noone else uses this machine except me.
>
> You might look into the sources for pidentd.  Looking at AltaVista, I see
> info on it under FreeBSD and linux.  I'm assuming it would work under
> NetBSD as well, though I'm not sure of that....

Actually, NetBSD's identd *is* pidentd (at least based upon it).

If it's the stock NetBSD identd (pidentd), I'd suspect
misconfiguration.  For instance, option -e specified in
/etc/inetd.conf might cause what Armen's seeing.

> You can also download the sources to NetBSD's in.identd from the NetBSD
> source tree at ftp.netbsd.org....  Kind of a pain, but it should be in
> there somewhere.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-current/src/libexec/identd

Hope this helps,

Ken