Subject: Re: kernels
To: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
From: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/15/1998 00:50:08
>Now that the default kernel is basically a HWDIRECT, I'm wondering if
>there's any need to keep building MRG kernels?  If anybody still needs
>them, please let me know.

Well, my IIci needed a MRG kernel so that the Logitech 3-button mouse
(M-AH32) third button would work.  The problem was identified (I think)
when 1.3.1 was coming together.  If this glitch was fixed in subsequent
kernel builds, then I'm OK with dropping the MRG build.  As explained
earlier, I'm using a SLOTMAN SBC MRG kernel, so until Paul manages to find
time to get the SLOTMAN diffs working with the 1.3.2 kernel, it's a moot
point for me anyway. :-)

--
| Greg Dunn                       | Now I know I'm being used.  But  |
| gregdunn@indy.net               | that's okay man, 'cause I like   |