Subject: Re: problem getting a Q610 up
To: None <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/15/1998 07:06:39
Colin Wood wrote:
> Ken Nakata wrote:
> >
> > It sounds like the LC040 problem.  I seem to recall Q610 is the only
> > Quadra sold with LC040?
>
> Hmmmm...maybe.  I thought that only the C610 had the 'LC040, not
> Q610...but looking at my MacFacts guide, it says the FPU is optional, and
> that usually means that there were some shipped with 'LC040's.  Oh well.
> You're probably right, then.

I checked it with GURU 2.6, and it says Q610 comes with the 68040, and
*Q605* comes with the 68LC040...  Oops.

> So how is that bughunt going, Ken? ;-)

Not as nicely as I'd hoped.  I'm basically stuck with trying to get
kgdb to work.  I can send and receive binary files between my Q840av
and LC575 via a printer cable using zmodem, etc., but I can't seem to
get gdb to attach no matter what tty settings I use on the port.

Is anybody using kgdb?  If you are, can you give some tips in setting
it up?

Thanks,

Ken