Subject: Re: problem getting a Q610 up
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@law.roc.servtech.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/14/1998 11:29:36
Brad Salai wrote:
> I've been trying to help a friend get a Quadra 610 working as a mail server.
> I grabbed all the binaries, got em installed, made devices, and started 'er
> up.
>
> got through the boot sequence ok but at the place where it should ask for
> a shell, instead I got:
>
> init: fatal signal: Segmentation fault
>
> it keeps repeating the enter default shell (return for /bin/sh) and then the init
> fault until I power cycle.  I tried reinstalling, but not refetching base.tar.gz
>
> Any ideas on this?

hmmmm...it sounds vaguely like what i would see when there was filesystem
damage, but that's a bit strange this early on in the process.  have you
tried reformatting and then reinstalling?

btw, what version of netbsd are you using?

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation