Subject: Re: I need help with compiling my first kernel
To: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: patriot <patriot@primenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/13/1998 20:06:36
Arrrrgh,  this is the message that I keep getting when I am in the
/usr/src/sys/arch/conf dir and run config SYSTEM
# ./config SYSTEM
ksh: ./config: not found
# config BORGEN
config: cannot read BORGEN: No such file or directory
# make depend
make: don't know how to make depend. Stop

can anyone help?

>On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, patriot wrote:
>
>> I am using the FAQ and it says to run config SYSTEM but it can't create
>> the SYSTEM directory and after I have created it in the compile directory
>> it can't find it.  Any suggestions?
>
>You are in sys/arch/mac68k/conf when you run config, aren't you? As long
>as sys/arch/mac68k/compile exists, config will be fine. It should make
>compile/SYSTEM by itself.
>
>Take care,
>
>Bill

windows 95: n.  32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit
microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of
competition.

ON MATERIALISM
        He who dies with the most toys, is, nonetheless, still dead.

Two out of three persons suffer from hemorrhoids, the other one enjoys it.