Subject: Mac video cable?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jacob H. Suter <jakes@intrastar.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/13/1998 15:25:52
Hi guys.  I'm new to Mac68k, but have been running NetBSD on VAX for a while
here...  Here's my problem:

I'm trying to get my mac ready for prime time and ran into a little trouble.

About a month ago I bought my first mac, a Mac IIci, moderatly loaded with
8mb ram, Radius PerfectColor 8-24x, and Asante ethernet adapter.  I've since
gotten a keyboard, mouse and all the proper cables.  about a week ago I
bought a SuperMac 20" mono monitor, which has one BNC plug.  I got a cable
with this monitor that has three BNC plugs.

Got home, tested it with both the Radius card and the port off the mainboard
and they both give me nothing on any of the BNC plugs...  I checked to see
if the monitor was Composite (using my VCR) and it showed activity but
nothing intelligable...

It appears I need a DB-15 to 1-BNC cable.  I can't find this creature
anywhere I search and I'd much rather just build one myself if its possable.

If anyone has a clue about a cable or where I can get a cable or even just
the pin-out of the DB-15, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,
Jacob Suter