Subject: Re: I need help with compiling my first kernel
To: patriot , <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/13/1998 12:50:11
>I am using a FAQ that is called Creating a Custom Kernel so that I can
>create a Kernel that will allow me to restart my machine and have it go
>directly go in to BSD and not have to go into MacOS (right now when I
>tell my IIcx to restart it hangs and doesn't restart untill I power it
>off manually.  Any help???

my IIcx restarts fine with the GENERICSBC#55 kernel, which is running the
NetBSD_1.3_BETA snapshot (no time to upgrade - if it ain't broke, don't fix
it).  It restarts fine, no manual rebooting needed (using either "shutdown
-r now" or "reboot"). I don't see why it's not working in your case...I
assume you have an even later version of both the kernel and snapshot.
Does anyone else know if these "bugs" keep reappearing between snapshots?

>I would also like to find someone that has had experience in putting up a
>Mac as a gateway under BSD.  I have a IIcx and am finding it difficult.
>I NEED a mentor and would be extremely grateful for the help.

There are a bunch of HOWTO's and FAQs on http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd that
explain how to do that kinda thing. try them out and report if they don't
work - maybe they aren't clear enough. :-)

good luck,

  - a