Subject: Re: I need help with compiling my first kernel
To: patriot <patriot@primenet.com>
From: Adrian Rollett <acrollet+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/13/1998 11:56:54
On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, patriot wrote:

* I am using a FAQ that is called Creating a Custom Kernel so that I can
* create a Kernel that will allow me to restart my machine and have it go
* directly go in to BSD and not have to go into MacOS (right now when I
* tell my IIcx to restart it hangs and doesn't restart untill I power it
* off manually.  Any help???
*

Well, I guess I'll be the first to tell you - that particular subject has
been under discussion even quite recently on this list, but as of right
now, there is no way to boot directly into BSD - if you put the booter in
the startup items folder and have it boot automatically, you won't have to
interfere with it, but for now, that's all. sorry!

*
* I would also like to find someone that has had experience in putting up a
* Mac as a gateway under BSD.  I have a IIcx and am finding it difficult.
* I NEED a mentor and would be extremely grateful for the help.
*

I believe that what you want is IPNAT, if I am correct about what you want
to do. I may be wrong, but there should be an FAQ about this... ? (other
list people ffeel free to correct me)

cheers,

\adrian