Subject: Re: Serial terminal weirdness
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johan Carlsson <johanc@fusion.kth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/13/1998 02:01:17
On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Ken Nakata wrote:

[snip]

> If you are using tty01 as your serial console, you should NOT run
> getty on both /dev/tty01 and /dev/console at the same time.  Are you
> sure getty is turned off on /dev/console?  The fact that it was
> working before you editted /etc/ttys leads me to think that getty is
> in fact running on /dev/console.

Thanks Ken, you hit the nail on the head! With getty running only on tty01
things work fine w/ Booter 1.11.0. What is /dev/console BTW? I know
/dev/ttye0 is the Mac monitor.

> > P.S. Using the latest Booter (version 1.11.2) serial terminal doesn't work
> > at all for me. The boot hangs late on the MacOS side (before the boot
> > floppy is spat out). The plot thickens ;-)
>
> Nigel has a new beta version (1.11.3b4 or up, I presume) out for us to
> test.  Why not give it a try?

Booter 1.11.3b3 doesn't work either with a serial terminal on my P460.
However, it *does* work on my IIsi w/ exactly the same setup (I'm booting
off an external drive).

/Johan