Subject: Re: Constant problems.
To: Mattias Andersson <mattias.andersson@mailbox.swipnet.se>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/12/1998 00:37:24
Mattias Andersson wrote:
> >Okay, I at first had a 40 meg HD on a Mac SE/30 with a, of course, very
> >minimal install of NetBSD 1.3.1.  Everything worked great!  The only
> >problems were user related... hehe... of course!
> >Well, I just added a 160 meg so I could try X-windows (I'm still not
>
> Hi I have got the Mac II 8/40.
> If you can run NetBSD, I too could do it, or?
>
> I should get the PMMU first but then will it run okey, or painfully slow?

NetBSD should run on your Mac II as long as you have a PMMU.  You will
probably want a larger hard drive, tho.  40MB is a bit tight for the 1.3.2
release.  As for speed, it depends on what you want to do with it.  You
can't change the processor speed, but you can get more RAM.  You really
can't have too much RAM :-)

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation