Subject: Re: Serial terminal weirdness
To: None <johanc@fusion.kth.se>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/12/1998 15:28:58
On Fri, 12 Jun 1998 01:08:47 +0200 (MET DST),
Johan Carlsson <johanc@fusion.kth.se> wrote:

> I've been running NetBSD/mac68k GENERIC#0 quite happily on a P460 with a
> serial terminal on the printer port. The monitor is a Digital VT100 (which
> is just *sooo* Space: 1999 BTW ;-)

> When I corrected ttys (turning tty00 off and tty01 on) to match reality
> (where the VT100 is actually attached and what the Booter believes) and
> rebooted things still worked fine in single user but when I exited to
> multi user my typing wasn't echoed!

If you are using tty01 as your serial console, you should NOT run
getty on both /dev/tty01 and /dev/console at the same time.  Are you
sure getty is turned off on /dev/console?  The fact that it was
working before you editted /etc/ttys leads me to think that getty is
in fact running on /dev/console.

> P.S. Using the latest Booter (version 1.11.2) serial terminal doesn't work
> at all for me. The boot hangs late on the MacOS side (before the boot
> floppy is spat out). The plot thickens ;-)

Nigel has a new beta version (1.11.3b4 or up, I presume) out for us to
test.  Why not give it a try?

Ken