Subject: Re: lpc daemon: "connect: Connection refused"
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei@ps.yokogawa.co.jp>
From: Joshua E Hope <otaku@unixgeek.ml.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/12/1998 02:25:51
Thanks a lot. Now...any idea why my printer responds not at all when I try
an lpr command?

None of the lights change, it just sits there. For those of you who missed
my last message: It seems to be a standard dot matrix printer, an Epson
ActiveWriter 1000. It's a PC printer, and I have the cord in the back of
it routed through a gender changer to a normal DB-29 to Mac DB-9 cable,
plugged into my printer port. I fixed /etc/printcap to uncomment the local
line printer lines (the first entry in there, I believe).

Are there numbers in printcap I must screw around with to get it to
respond or should it respond anyway?

Josh Hope
"Yes, I use UNIX. Why are you laughing?!"
root                 nefas       melkor
root@unixgeek.ml.org @SuperChat  @ChatNet
                   http://unixgeek.ml.org