Subject: Re: X woes
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/12/1998 01:49:03
Barry Brown <barry@tcp.com> wrote:
Barry> Hello!

Hi!

Barry> I am a new NetBSD/mac68k user, but an experienced
Barry> SunOS and Solaris user.  Installation of NetBSD went
Barry> well and I am up and running.

Welcome to NetBSD:-)

Barry> I am running NetBSD 1.3.2 on a Quadra 650, 48MB RAM,
Barry> 100MB swap, internal video in 1-bit mode, 832x624
Barry> resolution on an Apple 17" monitor.  I have installed
Barry> all the X tarballs and configured the ld.so.conf
Barry> file.  /usr/X11R6/bin is in my path.

Barry> Any ideas?

Would you let me know output of dmesg especially about grf?
device on your machine?

Here's mine, IIci w/ portrait monitor:

%dmesg|grep grf
grf0 at macvid0
ite0 at grf0 (minimal console)

And, if you installed stock Xmac68k server, try Ken Nakata's
OSFA server and show me the result?