Subject: Re: hfsutils
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/11/1998 14:35:48
Sorry, guys, but the SLOTMAN stuff worked great only until the (now, not
so) recent changes that Scott made to accomodate UVM & PMAP_NEW.  Some
where in there, something happened that broke SLOTMAN big time, and at
the same time something broke Serial Console (at least for me), making
debugging rather difficult.

I will admit that I haven't spent too much time on it lately, having
been working 10 hrs/day, 6days/week and being on the road three weeks
out of five   :(  So it has been a while since I've tried the Serial
Console stuff or done any serious attempts at debugging.  I'm hoping to
spend a weekend at home pretty soon (maybe 6/20-21 or 6/27-28) to look
at it again.

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Colin Wood wrote:

> Greg Dunn wrote:
> > I'd love to go to 1.3.2, but since I'm using Paul's SLOTMAN kernel
> > and he's having trouble applying the diffs to a current release,
> > I may have to wait a bit on that.
>
> 1.3.2 is not a -current release as such.  It is just another round of
> bugfixes on top of 1.3 and 1.3.1.  Paul's SLOTMAN patches should work with
> it just fine if they also worked with 1.3 and 1.3.1.
>
> Later.
>
> --
> Colin Wood                                 cwood@ichips.intel.com
> Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation
> I speak only on my own behalf, not for my employer.

| Paul Goyette      | Public Key fingerprint:    | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |