Subject: Re: X woes
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Barry Brown <barry@tcp.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/11/1998 11:17:40
I had two pople offer up suggestions right away.  The one below was the
best.

> you might also try a different resolution if you can.  we've had some
> difficulties with DAFB video (which i believe your machine has) at and its
> interactions with X at certain resolutions and bit depths.  i believe
> these problems will be fixed in -current rather soon, but 1.3.x still
> exhibits weird behavior at times...

I changed my monitor resolution to 1024x768, 1-bit and now I am running X!
It took just a few seconds to come up on my screen.  So there is a problem
with X and the 832x624 resolution.

Will the OSFA X kernel allow me to run color X using the Quadra's internal
video?  If so, where can I get it?

Barry