Subject: hfsutils
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/11/1998 12:50:19
Bob Nestor said:

> The packages system is constantly changing and sometimes
> elements get out of sync with each other.  When the CDROM was
> created a snapshot of the package system was taken of what
> existed at that point in time - April 13th for your CD as I
> recall.  While the CD can give you a big hand in getting
> things up and running initially, or serve as a good backup,
> it's always a good idea to check for the latest stuff on
> ftp.netbsd.org or one of it's mirrors.  The latest version I
> see out there is tcl-8.0p2.

Could it be that hfssh sees 7.6 as "not 7.5" and therefore too old?
I'd be interested in hearing from someone who actually has this
running with 7.6/4/2.  Does Tcl/Tk 8.x work with the hfs stuff?
Many packages break with the latest Tcl libs, so I always try using
7.6 et al. first...  If it comes down to it, I suppose I should go
and build my own copy of the hfs programs to be sure I have them
synced with my current system.

I'd love to go to 1.3.2, but since I'm using Paul's SLOTMAN kernel
and he's having trouble applying the diffs to a current release,
I may have to wait a bit on that.

--
| Greg Dunn                        | "There was never a moment you  |
| GregDunn@aol.com                 | ever got within a hundred      |