Subject: Re: Boot up m68k Mac (Re: NetBSD PPC)
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
From: Greg Evans <mr_krak@televar.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/10/1998 09:28:49
On 6/10/98 8:18 AM, SUNAGAWA Keiki was rumored to have said.....

>Greg Evans <mr_krak@televar.com> wrote:
>
>Greg> anyone have a clue as to why my lovely Quadra 610
>Greg> (Full 040) will not accept an install of 7.1 off of
>Greg> the 7.1 install CD that came with it?  I get a message
>Greg> that says that I need a newer OS to boot the
>Greg> machine.....
>
>Isn't that the Enabler issue?
>
>Quadras/Centrices, Duos, Paformas have such a problem, IIRC.

Dunno, I would assume that the 7.1 CD I got with my Quadra would have the
correct enabler on it as well, since it is for the Quadra/Centris as I
recall and should have a fairly universal system folder.

Greg Evans
StudioRave Alpha
http://www.sr-alpha.com