Subject: Re: how to use dt?
To: Rich Martin <rich@planet.com>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/10/1998 11:54:03
At 9:17 AM -0400 6/10/98, Rich Martin wrote:
>I hate the standard console display on my NetBSD 1.3.2 Centris 650, so I
>tried 'dt' to see what it would do. it compiled just fine. but the docs
>leave much to be desired, and simply invoking 'dt' from my shell prompt
>leaves me with a blank white display. unusable console. I have to telnet in
>from another machine and kill the 'dt' process before I can get my shell
>prompt back. What am I doing wrong?

dt only works in 1-bit mode - be sure to have your console set to Black and
White before running the program.  I'm not sure if you can use resolutions
other than 640x480.
Here's the scoop on dt (useful commands I use)
  Command 1, Command 2, Command 3, etc.... - switches virtual consoles
  Command O - open more consoles (you only get 2 in the beginning)
  Command P - mouse cursor appears, allowing you to highlight text to...
  Command C - copy and
  Command V - paste
  Command F - lets you change from big characters to small characters (at
least, i think it was command f)
It's been awhile since I've used it, there are probably other command which
I've forgotten about.

good luck,

  - a