Subject: Re: [ANN] NetBSD/mac68k floppy driver available
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/08/1998 13:26:14
On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Hauke Fath wrote:

> -- Regarding the late Quadras: I do not quite understand why teh P630
> misbehaves; in the relevant parts (SWIM initialization) the .Sony ROM code
> is byte for byte identical with the Q700 ROM. Maybe it's a timing issue.

	Well, I tried running the GENERICIWM kernel and it did fail to
initialize the IWM on my Q630. I tried the lkm too, but didn't read the
part about having to recompile my kernel ;-) I added the sources into
/sys/arch/mac68k/dev, but what exactly am I going to need to change for
the LKM to be able to attach? It complained about an undefined symbol...
does the floppy stuff need to be compiled into the kernel? Or just the
changes to machdep.c? Oh wait... nevermind, I just answered my own
question there ;-)

	Now, how about compiling a kernel with IWM in-kernel? I made a
BRAHMS-IWM which was basically adding the IWM attachment stuff from
GENERICIWM onto my BRAHMS config, but is there anything more that should
need changing? I'm going to be compiling while I'm at work, so I won't be
able to babysit it...

	Any idea on how soon 1.44 will be supported?

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!