Subject: Re: NetBSD PPC
To: Nathan Raymond <nate@staff.feldberg.brandeis.edu>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/08/1998 09:33:24
	I think the relevant part of Erik's email was "correct and
	complete". AFAIK the OpenFirmware on Apple machines has
	'interesting' breakage such as opening a tftp session anytime
	you try to access a network device.

	This means that an OS relying on OpenFirmware for anything other
	than the most basic of booting facilities will have no luck on
	Apple machines. Hence NetBSD/macppc is a distinct port from
	NetBSD/ofppc, though they both share common code from
	/sys/arch/powerpc, (as does NetBSD/bebox).

		David/absolute

             -=-  Sue me, screw me, walk right through me  -=-