Subject: Re: Modem
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@fb.sa.enteract.com>
From: David Leonard <leonard@csee.uq.edu.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/1998 23:58:47
The ghastly trick is:

occult# chown uucp:dialer /dev/tty01
occult# cu -l /dev/tty01 -s 19200
Connected.
[At this point I type ~ and a control-z]
^Z
occult# stty -f /dev/tty01 clocal
occult# fg

i think there's some debug option to cu that does local for you too...?

ps: this was typed in from memory, as my modem is in use at the moment ;)

--
David Leonard                           David.Leonard@csee.uq.edu.au
Dept of Comp. Sci. and Elec. Engg       Room:69-605  Ph:+61 7 336 52447

"Why Windows NT Server 4.0 continues to exist [...] would be a topic appro-
priate for an investigative report in the field of psychology or marketing,
not an article on information technology." http://www.kirch.net/unix-nt.html