Subject: Re: Cable Modems?????
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/05/1998 19:17:46
On Jun 5,  9:40pm, Nathan Raymond wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Greg Evans wrote:
>> Has anyone tried to use a cable modem with NetBSD?  If so, what was your
>> experience?
>A lot better than with OPENBSD - I couldn't get any DHCP clients to work
>with it.
>
>Media One uses DHCP, and is keyed to the ethernet hardware address.  With
>NetBSD, just plug in the cable modem and set up DHCP.

I'm on TCI/@Home in Seattle and have a static IP.  Running with a cable
modem is the easiest networking I've done here.  (First, I used to tunnel
through a "term" connection, then did SLIP via a "tia" connection, then
finally PPP.

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Newton's Fourth Law:  Every action has an equal and opposite satisfaction.