Subject: Re: Compile help please.
To: Tom Shorock <tom@average.ml.org>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/04/1998 11:30:59
Tom Shorock wrote:
> Alright friends.  I am not much of a kernel hacker, but I am trying to do
> a recompile.  My system handles a compile of GENERIC fine.  However, when
> I try to pare down the kernel (actually, I am cutting most things out of
> it, for an embedded app), I am getting one error message.  Here goes:
>
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> ../../../../arch/mac68k/dev/if_mc.c: 574: warning: static declaration for
> 'mc_rint' follows non-static
>
> and then it dies.

Do you have an AV Quadra?  If not, you can probably remove the mc0
interface...that might solve this (but I seem to remember that the file
will be compiled anyway....)

> The source is 1.3 patched to 1.3.1, all from netbsd.org.  I am personally
> rather surprised that this doesn't show up in all compiles.  If you think
> you can help me, I can send you a copy of the config I am using.  I am
> about to try recompiling with ignoring warnings, but I hate to do that.  I
> really like the fact that BSD compiles itself in paranoid mode.

It'd probably be best if we can see your config file, that way we know
what's missing :-)

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation