Subject: Re: problem booting on IIsi
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Brahm Windeler <rahm@engin.umich.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/02/1998 15:17:23
On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Brahm Windeler wrote:

> as a side note, after taking the cover off the machine to check for
> anything in particular and putting it back on, then trying to boot in
> single user mode, i got all the way through the boot sequence.  i've been
> unable to get it to that point again, so i might have to blow some more
> dust off the ol' mother board again.  *grin*

as an update to my last message, i've found that the trick was in
unplugging the computer before taking the cover off.  leaving the computer
unplugged for about 10-15 seconds allows me to get past that point
mentioned in my previous messages.  i've also found that zapping the pram
does the same thing.  after either of these has been done, my computer
begins the normal mac boot sequence...start-up noise sounds, pointer shows
up on screen & happy mac appears in the center...then it starts over; the
start-up noise sounds again but the sequence goes through the whole way.
i don't know exactly what's going on, but it works.  upon further
inspection, it looks like the internal battery is dead.  i'm going to see
if i can find a replacement soon.  i'm not sure if this will help, but
it's something that should be done anyway.

-brahm