Subject: Re: problem booting on IIsi
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: David Bogen <dbogen@hamquist.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/02/1998 12:05:59
> On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Colin Wood wrote:
>could y'all download the 1.3.2 kernel within NetBSD (or copy it in via the
>installer) and unarchive it there via "cd /; tar xzvpf /path/to/kern.tgz"?
>It unpacks on the ftp server just fine, I don't know why it wouldn't
>unpack via the installer.....

Just for the record, I tried to install 1.3.2 yesterday afternoon (Monday)
on a Quadra 650, and the kernel wouldn't unpack via the installer for me
either.  The installer kept reporting CRC errors within the archive.  I
tried downloading it several times, and used binary mode every time.  I also
ran a copy through Stuffit Expander on my mac, just for giggles, and it
reported the archive as being corrupted as well.  However, now that I've got
1.3.1 running on the machine, I can download and unpack the 1.3.2 kernel
from within netbsd just fine.