Subject: about X troubles.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: shoko miyoshi <k-desk@mail.raidway.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/02/1998 17:31:17
Dear Sir,

   I'm Shoko Miyoshi. I'm sorry that I don't Know whom to send my letter. I
will be very happy if somebody give me some adovices.  Please help me.
   I began to enjoy UNIX very recently.  Now I'm trying to install NetBSD
to my cute machines, Centris 650 and SE/30. I had successfully installed
base systems already, but I just can't install the Xwindows to my macs.
     Well, I'd installed NetBSD1.3.1 now to my computers. Then I tried to
do as the "instlaation notes" said. It says " you will need to edit the
/etc/ld.so.conf file to look something like:〜".  But I couldn't find
"/etc/ld.so.conf" file anywhere.  As the result, my machine says,

    % startx
    /usr/libexec/ld.so:  xinit:  libXmu.so.6.0: No such file or directory

 The same results were seen in netBSD 1.2, 1.3 , 1.3.1, in my case. I also
tried madhatter#42 Kernel, but I failed  as the same reason. I don't know
how to conclude this problem. Does it occur from my being beginner in
programming? Please teach me some good advise .

My machines are;

1. centris 650;68040/25MHz,  16/230HDD.170Mbt for the A/UX Root&Usr
partition. system7.1
2. SE/30  8/100HDD(TOSHIBA). 60Mbt for the A/UX Root&Usr partition.
system7.1

I use mac68k.Installer1.1g, booter1.11.1 and mkfs1.4.5.

                           Sincerely yours,
                           Shoko Miyoshi