Subject: Re: problem booting on IIsi
To: Nathan Raymond <nate@staff.feldberg.brandeis.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/01/1998 16:15:43
Nathan Raymond wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Colin Wood wrote:
>
> > Brahm Windeler wrote:
> > > hope you can help...
> > >
> > > i'm having a problem booting netbsd on my mac IIsi.
> > >
> > > i just downloaded version 1.3.2 mac68k distribution from the ftp site.  i
> > > also downloaded all the macintosh based install files.  the kern.tgz and
> > > kern_sbc.tgz couldn't be unpacked, so i had to download the version 1.3.1
> > > kernel.
> >
> > could you try this again?  you're the second person to report this, but i
> > just logged into the ftp server to check it and it unarchived just fine.
> > are you sure you transferred it in binary mode?
>
> To add my $.02, on Saturday I downloaded all the parts to 1.3.2 in binary
> mode, and the installer only had a problem with kern.tgz (I didn't try
> kern_sbc.tgz), saying it couldn't be unpacked.  Downloaded the 1.3.1
> kern.tgz and used that instead with the rest of the 1.3.2 dist.

could y'all download the 1.3.2 kernel within NetBSD (or copy it in via the
installer) and unarchive it there via "cd /; tar xzvpf /path/to/kern.tgz"?
It unpacks on the ftp server just fine, I don't know why it wouldn't
unpack via the installer.....

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation