Subject: Re: 68LC040 FPE, PR #5133, UVM, and a security hole?
To: Allen Briggs <email@example.com>
From: Rolf Braun <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 05/07/1998 16:29:49
>[on the LC040 bug]
>> The workaround in that case is -msoft-float.
>Yeah. I don't really consider that a workaround... ;-)
Well, it would work as a last-ditch fix.
>> Hmm, that's weird. Maybe it's something else? Still, judging from the other
>> posts on the list, I'd keep UVM in a separate test track until it's proven
>This is always the trade-off. If it doesn't go into -current, how much
>do you think it will really be tested? Are enough people going to be
>using it to test it well?
Hmm. Maybe the GENERIC kernel should have things like UVM and then there
should be an oh-if-GENERIC-doesn't-work-try-this kernel?
- Rolf Braun - email@example.com - http://www.cstone.net/~rbraun/
- Sassy Software: cool software for your Macintosh or Apple IIgs
- Rolf's HTML & Stuff: creative web design for less
- Anyone attempting to post messages or send e-mail using my address
- without my permission will be held legally liable for forgery, and
- may be subject to legal action and severe legal penalties.