Subject: Re: The esp driver
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@fb.sa.enteract.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/28/1998 14:20:32
> I've had a different problem with one drive that started about the same
> time that "(quick)" started showing up in dmesg. Any access to the drive
> (dd, disklabel) drops into the debugger, lately only after printing all
> the requested output to the console.

Really?  This is the first I've heard about any such thing.  Can you
send me what it prints as it goes into the debugger?  Presumably you get
more than just (eg):

# disklabel sd3
ddb>

There should be a panic or a diagnostic message of some sort.

> My question is, is there a simple way to disable (quick)?  All I have in
> my kernel config is

In esp.c, set quick to 0 and skip the checks where it would get set to 1.
I'd much rather try to fix it, though, than disable it.  It at least
doubles the transfer speed.

-allen

--
                    Allen Briggs - briggs@ninthwonder.com