Subject: Re: The esp driver
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@fb.sa.enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/28/1998 12:28:51
On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Allen Briggs wrote:

> Mehmet Orhun SEYMEN <o52931@sumela.ktu.edu.tr> has noticed that if he
> disables the read/write cache on the hard drive, this problem does not
> occur.  Also, I believe that this does not occur if you're not using the
> pseudo DMA/Turbo SCSI/Quick SCSI option.  I don't have time to look into
> this right now, so if there's anyone who does have some time and
> inclination, I encourage you to look into this.  I will be happy to help
> out and answer any questions you might have.

I've had a different problem with one drive that started about the same
time that "(quick)" started showing up in dmesg. Any access to the drive
(dd, disklabel) drops into the debugger, lately only after printing all
the requested output to the console.

My question is, is there a simple way to disable (quick)?  All I have in
my kernel config is

	esp0 at obio?

and

	scsibus* at scsi

and then the devices, of course. I'm tracking current.