Subject: su to root fixed
From: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/27/1998 22:55:15
I wasn't able to su to root from my user account (in group wheel).  I
checked the obvious things a zillion times, and it turned out to be that
the executable "su" didn't have the SUID on execute bit set!  I sure don't
remember messing with the executables in userland after installing (except
for a few that I installed by hand, later).  Was there a "base" archive
with mode problems at any time in the last 4 months?  The current archive
looks OK (I just untar'ed it and looked at the directory)...

--
| Greg Dunn                        |                                |
| gregdunn@indy.net                | "Talking about music is like   |